Naval Dockyard Apprentice School Recruitment: The Ministry of Defence (Navy), Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh), invites applications from ITI-qualified Indian nationals (both male and female) for apprenticeship training of one/two years at the Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam, [DAS (Vzg)] in various trades. The last date for the submission of applications is 1st January 2024.
Naval Dockyard Apprentice School Recruitment: Applications are invited from ITI-qualified Indian national candidates for Apprenticeship Training in the following designated trades for a period of one year at Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam, [DAS (Vzg)], for the training batch 2024-25. This is in accordance with the Apprentices Act 1961, read in conjunction with Apprenticeship Rules 1992, as amended from time to time.
Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice 2024-25 (Adv. No: DAS (V) / 01 / 23)
|Name of the Post||Total Vacancies|
Naval Dockyard Apprentice Vacancy 2024:
Electronics Mechanic – 36 posts
Fitter – 33 posts
Sheet Metal Worker – 33 posts
Carpenter – 27 posts
Mechanic (Diesel) – 23 posts
Pipe Fitter – 23 posts
Electrician – 21 posts
Painter (General) – 16 posts
R & A/C Mechanic – 15 posts
Welder (Gas & Electric) – 15 posts
Machinist – 12 posts
Instrument Mechanic – 10 posts
Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance – 06 posts
Foundryman – 05 posts
Naval Dockyard Apprentice Salary / Stipend 2024:
Grade S-1, Pay Scale is ₹ 25,070 – 3% – 35,070/-
Naval Dockyard Apprentice Eligibility Criteria 2024:
The minimum age requirement is 14 years, and for hazardous occupations, it is 18 years, as specified by ‘The Apprentices Act 1961. Candidates born on or before 02 May 2010 are eligible.
(1) SSC / Matriculation / Standard X Pass with 50% (Aggregate) Marks.
(2) ITI (NCVT / SCVT) Pass in relevant trade with 65% (Aggregate) Marks.
Naval Dockyard Apprentice 2024 Selection Process:
✔️ Shortlisting: Shortlisting of candidates for the written exam will be based on the marks secured in SSC/Matriculation and ITI, with a ratio of 70:30. A merit list will be drawn up, and call letters will be issued to the shortlisted applicants in a ratio of 1:5 against existing vacancies in each trade and category, maintaining the reservation quota as per existing guidelines.
✔️ Written Exam: The written examination (Entrance Exam), conducted on an OMR basis, will consist of 50 multiple-choice questions (Mathematics 20, General Science 20, General Knowledge 10) in English. Each question carries one and a half (1½) marks, and the exam will last for one hour. There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
✔️ Interview: Candidates will be called for an interview in the order of merit from the written examination, in a ratio of 1:2 against existing vacancies in each trade and category. The interview includes document verification and an oral test.
How to Apply Naval Dockyard Apprentice Recruitment 2024:
- Candidates are required to initiate the process by registering on the online portal at www.apprenticeshipindia.gov.in, following the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme (NAPS) guidelines.
- Once registered, log in to the Apprenticeship India web portal using the provided username (registered email id) and password. Provide necessary information such as educational details, contact address, trade preference, Aadhar, PAN, bank details, community, etc. Additionally, upload all supporting documents and validate the Aadhar number to achieve 100% profile completion.
- Then, the candidates apply for Indian Navy Apprenticeship 2023 through Offline Mode using Prescribed application format.
- The candidates are required to Basic Details, Aadhar Card No., Mobile Number, Email ID, Postal Address etc.
- The candidates should affix Recent Photograph duly self attested, Signature and Thumb Impression.
- The duly filled application along with required documents addressed to “The Officer-in-Charge (for Apprenticeship), Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, VM Naval Base S.O., P.O., Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh” by Post.
- The last date for receipt of applications at DAS(V) is 01/01/2024.
Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice 2024 FAQs:
How many vacancies in Naval Dockyard Apprentice 2024?
Total 275 Trade Apprentice Vacancy Opening in Naval Dockyard Apprentice 2024-25.
What is minimum qualification for Naval Dockyard Apprentice 2024?
Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice 2024 Qualification is minimum 10th Class Pass with ITI / NCVT in relevant trade.
What is last date for apply Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice 2024?
Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice Recruitment 2024 Last date is 1st January 2024.
When Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice 2024 Entrance Exam Date?
Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice 2024 Written examination for all trades at DAS (Vzg) is 28th February 2024 AM.
What are important dates for Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam Apprentice 2024?
The Last date for submission of Application: 1st January 2024
Tentative date of Naval Dockyard Apprentice 2024 Exam: 28th February 2024 (Wednesday)
Declaration of Written Exam Results: 2nd March 2024
Schedule for Interview and Medical Examination: 5th to 8th March 2024.