WB SET 2022 Notification: The higher authority of the West Bengal College Service Commission have invited the applications from eligible candidates for State Eligibility Test for the posts of Assistant Professor. The detailed WB SET 2022 Notification is available on the official website of www.wbcsc.org.in. Interested candidates need to check this article and get details of WB SET 2022 Eligibility, WB SET Application Fee, WB SET 2022 Exam Date, the process to apply for West Bengal SET 2022 Notification, and other details regarding the WB SET Exam 2022 Notification. Moreover, candidates who satisfy the WB SET 2022 Eligibility Criteria need to apply for the WB SET Exam 2022 before the closing date i.e. 15th September 2022 (12 Midnight). Refer to the next part of this page in order to get official notification pdf file and a direct link to apply for the West Bengal SET Exam Notification 2022 in the important links table.
WB SET Notification 2022 – Overview
|WB SET 2022 Notification – Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility|
|Organization Name||West Bengal College Service Commission|
|Exam Name||West Bengal State Eligibility Test (WB SET)|
|Start Date of Application Form||Started|
|Last Date To Submit WB SET 2022 Application Form||15th September 2022 (12 Midnight)|
|Exam Date||8th January 2023 (Sunday)|
|Purpose of Exam||UGC Accredited State Eligibility Test for the Post of Assistant Professor in West Bengal Only|
|Mode of Application Form||Online|
WB SET 2022 Important Dates
|WB SET 2022 Activities||WB SET 2022 Dates|
|WB SET 2022 Application Form||Started|
|Last date to apply for WB SET 2022||15th September 2022 (12 Midnight)|
|WB SET Admit Card 2022 Release Date||To Be Announced|
|WB SET 2022 Exam Date||8th January 2022 (Sunday)|
WB SET 2022 Eligibility
- General/ EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from Universities/ Institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/ Scheduled Caste(SC)/ Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ persons with disability(PWD)/ Transgender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination from Universities/ Institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test. However, such candidates shall be considered eligible for Assistant Professor only after they (General/ EWS) have passed their Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination with at least 55% marks [50% marks in case of OBC falling in Non-creamy layer/ SC/ ST/ PWD (persons with disability)/ Transgender category candidates]. Such candidates must complete their Master’s degree or equivalent examination within two years from the date of SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- Candidates belonging to third gender in other words transgender would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee and qualifying criteria for SET as are available to SC/ ST/ PWD categories. The subject – wise cut-offs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ ST/ PWD/ OBC/ EWS categories in the corresponding subject.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e. from 55% to 50%) for appearing in SET.
Candidates are required to appear for WB –SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of WB-SET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET/ Joint CSIR-UGC Test which is held twice a year.
- Candidates are neither required to send any certificate/ document in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to WBCSC. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the WBCSC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
- Candidates having post-graduate diploma/ certificate awarded by Indian University/ Institute or foreign degree/diploma/ certificate awarded by the foreign University/ institute should, in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/ certificate with Master’s degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in).
- Age Limit: There is no upper age limit for applying for SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable.
WB SET Examination Fee
|Category||General||Other Backward Classes/ EWS||SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender|
WB SET 2022 Exam Date
Candidates who are here to know details of WB SET 2022 Examination Date, need to check this part and get information regarding the WB SET Exam Notification 2022. The officials of the West Bengal College Service Commission have released the WB SET Exam 2022 Notification for which the exam is scheduled on 8th January 2023. So, we advice you to go through this page and know detailed information about the WE SET Notification 2022.
How To Apply For WB SET Exam Notification 2022?
- Visit the official website @ www.wbcsc.org.in
- The home page of the West Bengal College Service Commission will be displayed on the screen
- Candidates can find the WB State Eligibility Test (Advt.24/ SET) right away on the home page
- Open the link once you find it
- Open the notification and check eligibility criteria
- If eligible and interested, apply for the West Bengal SET 2022 Notification before the closing date
WB SET 2022 – Download Link
|WB SET Notification 2022 – Important Links|
|To Download the WB SET Examination Notification 2022||Click Here|
|To Apply For WB SET Exam 2022||Click Here|
West Bengal SET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download the WB SET Admit Card 2022 once the officials make it out on their official website @ . The WB SET Exam Admit Card 2022 will be available before the WB SET Exam i.e. 8th January 2023. We will update the information present on this page once the officials make it out. For updated information regarding the WB SET Exam 2022 or WB SET Admit Card 2022, bookmark this page.
WB SET 2022 Syllabus
All questions of Paper-II will be compulsory, covering the entire syllabus of earlier Paper – II & Paper –III (including all electives, without options). Syllabi for all SET subjects can be downloaded from the website www.wbcsconline.in and WBCSC will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.
The list of SET subjects are given as follows
- Political Science
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Library and Information Science
- Physical Education
- Electronic Science
- Computer Science
- Home Science
- Mass Communication and Journalism
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
WB SET Exam 2022
The Test will consist of two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 8th January, 2023 (SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions, all are compulsory||1 Hour (10:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||200||100 questions, all are compulsory||2 Hours (12:00 Noon to 02:00 P.M.) IST|
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks. The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching, research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions, each carrying 2 marks which will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions of Paper – II will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper – III (including all electives, without options).
- The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I & Paper – II on the OMR Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
WB SET Results 2022
The higher authorities of the West Bengal College Service Commission will release the WB SET 2022 Results based on the online mode. Candidates who have appeared the WB SET Exam on 8th January 2023, will be able to check the results after the completion of the exam.
We hope the above given information regarding the WB SET 2022 Notification are useful to the candidates. Follow our site @ freshersnow.com on a regular basis in order to get updated information regarding the WB SET 2022.