Nvidia Control Panel Not Opening in Windows:
If you’re having trouble opening the Nvidia Control Panel on your PC, there may be a problem with your system or with the Control Panel itself. For example, there may be a minor glitch in your PC, the required Nvidia services are not running, or you do not have the correct drivers installed on your system.
Luckily, you can fix these common issues one by one and check if the Nvidia Control Panel opens.
restart your pc
On a Windows 10 PC, the easiest way to fix most minor problems is restart your pc. When you do this, many temporary items on your PC are reset. This gives your program a new chance to reload.
If Nvidia Control Panel is experiencing minor glitches, rebooting your PC should fix those issues:
- open to start Pressing Menu windows key.
- Select the Power icon in the Start menu.
- Choose restart from the power menu.
- When your PC boots up, try to launch it nvidia control panel and see if it opens.
Restart the NVIDIA Control Panel Application
Sometimes, Nvidia Control Panel gets stuck in a loop, and as a result, it refuses to open. In cases like this, you can force close the problematic app. Task Manager, and then reopen it to see if it works.
- Open Task Manager on your PC. A quick way to do this is to right-click windows taskbar choose more Task Manager from menu.
- In Task Manager, select Procedures tab at the top. This tab is the first tab in the list.
- In the Processes tab, find nvidia control panel application and select it.
- From the Expanded Processes menu, right-click nvidia control panel choose more end Task from menu. This closes the panel on your PC.
- open to start menu, search nvidia control panel, and select it in the search results.
- The panel should open without any problems.
restart some nvidia services
here is one pair of services Which must be running on your PC for Nvidia Control Panel to function. Usually, your PC starts these services automatically when your computer is turned on. But, there is a chance that these services may have stopped running due to some reason why Nvidia Control Panel is not opening.
To fix this, you can manually start these essential Nvidia services on your PC. You can also change a setting option so that these services are launched on every boot of your PC.
to do this:
- open to Daud pressing box windows + r keys at the same time.
- Type services.msc press more in the run box recorded.
- Services Window will open. Here, in the right-hand pane, find the service that says NVIDIA Display Container LS and double-click on it.
- The window of your chosen service will open. here, if service status the area says stopped, Choose start button to start the service.
- To make sure the service starts automatically when you turn on your PC, select self drive from startup type dropdown menu on the same window.
- Then, choose applicable after Okay Click below to save your changes.
- repeat step 4, 5, and 6 to serve the name NVIDIA Local System Container.
reinstall nvidia graphics card drivers
One of the major reasons why Nvidia Control Panel won’t open is because you are using faulty or outdated graphics card drivers on your PC. Panel only works if you have a nvidia graphics card installed With the correct and working drivers on your PC.
To fix the problem in this case, remove the existing drivers from your PC and reinstall the latest and working drivers. you can grab latest drivers Free from the Nvidia website for your specific graphics card model.
to do this:
- access to start menu, search device Manager, and select device Manager in search results.
- On the Device Manager window that opens, select the arrow icon next to display adapter.
- From the Extended Display Adapters menu, right-click your Nvidia graphics card and select uninstall device.
- In the Uninstall device window, enable Remove driver software for this device box and select uninstall.
- When your drivers are removed, launch a web browser on your PC and go to nvidia driver website.
- On the site, use the dropdown menus to select your particular graphics card model. Then, choose search.
- Choose download On the following screen to start downloading the latest drivers on your PC.
- Run the downloaded driver file to install the latest Nvidia graphics card drivers on your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- launch nvidia control panel And it should open.
turn off windows 10 fast startup
Fast Startup in Windows 10 Reduces the boot time of your PC and allows you to enjoy a faster startup experience. However, it comes at a cost. Some programs, including Nvidia Control Panel, may not function properly when this feature is enabled.
It is advisable to turn this feature off to see if the Nvidia Control Panel opens.
to do this:
- Open Control Panel on your PC. An easy way to do this is to access start menu, search control Panel, and select control Panel in search results.
- Choose view by option at the top and select large icons.
- Choose energy options From the options displayed on your screen.
- From the sidebar on the left, select Choose what the power buttons do.
- On the next screen, at the top, select Change settings that are currently unavailable the option.
- from shutdown settings section on the same screen, disable Enable Fast Startup (recommended) the option.
- Choose save Changes on the bottom.
- launch nvidia control panel from start Menu.
Update .NET Framework
Last but not least, make sure that you are running the latest version of .NET Framework on your Windows 10 PC. Some apps require this framework to run, and you can get it for free from the Microsoft website.
- open to Microsoft .NET site in a web browser on your PC.
- On the site, select windows Tab to view the Windows version of the .NET Framework.
- from under .net framework section, select Download .NET Framework Runtime the option.
- Double-click the downloaded file to install the .NET Framework.
- Once it is installed, try to launch nvidia control panel and see if it opens.
And this is how you can potentially fix the stubborn Nvidia Control Panel app on your Windows 10 PC.