How to Use NVIDIA Shadowplay to Record and Share Game Videos:
If you have a computer with a computer nvidia graphics cardYou must have seen the NVIDIA overlay notification whenever you open a game. This feature is called NVIDIA ShadowPlay, and you can access it through the GeForce Experience overlay.
If you want to record some gameplay, share it with others, or stream, NVIDIA ShadowPlay can do it all.
Before using this feature, there are a few things you’ll want to know in order to get the most out of it. In this article you’ll learn how to download NVIDIA ShadowPlay if you haven’t already, how to use it, and some of the advantages and disadvantages of using this free feature.
Opening NVIDIA Shadowplay
Even if you have an NVIDIA graphics card, you may not have NVIDIA ShadowPlay available. You can check for GeForce Experience via the Windows search bar. If the app doesn’t come up, you’ll need to download it. You can find the software on NVIDIA’s website.
- On GeForce Experience page, select download Button.
- Wait for the file to download, then open it.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install, and it should then launch the program automatically.
- If you find that the GeForce Experience is already on your computer, you can skip downloading and go straight to using NVIDIA ShadowPlay to open it in-game.
How to Record With NVIDIA Shadowplay
if your goal record gameplayTo do this via GeForce Experience Overlay, follow these steps.
- Open the game you want to record. You may see a notification for the app as soon as the game loads.
- If you see the notification, you will find that it asks you to press Alt + Z To open the overlay, which will appear on top of your game.
- If it doesn’t open that way, you can go to your start menu and search GeForce Experience. Then select the green triangle icon next to the Settings icon to open the overlay this way.
- You will see some features that this app provides for recording. the first is quick reply. when you choose turn on, it will start recording gameplay but will not save the recording until you hit Alt + F10 To save the last five minutes of gameplay. You can also set a different time for recording by visiting Instant Replay > Settings > Instant Replay Length.
- You then have the option to start recording all the gameplay with the gameplay Record the option. select it and then select start to start your recording session. To stop the recording you can hit Alt + F9 or open overlay and select wait and save.
- If you also want to include webcam video and microphone audio in your recording, select the microphone and camera icon to the right of the overlay to turn these on or off.
You can also change the settings for your recording by selecting the recording feature you want to use and then selecting Adjustment options under start. You can change the quality, resolution, frame rate and bit rate in your recording.
How to Stream with NVIDIA Shadowplay
Another feature of NVIDIA ShadowPlay is that stream gameplay On many different platforms, including Twitch. This is very easy to do and is a great option if you don’t have other streaming programs.
Here’s how to stream using Shadowplay:
- Open GeForce Experience Overlay, and select Live Broadcast the option.
- Choose start, then choose which platform you want to stream on.
- Log in to your chosen platform, add any information to appear with your stream, and then select go direct.
- Your gameplay will be streamed on your chosen platform until you open and close the overlay again Live Broadcast.
Again, you can also choose Settings options to change your stream’s settings, such as the platform you want to use, stream quality, and more. As mentioned above, you can also turn your microphone or camera on or off on the main overlay screen.
Change NVIDIA Shadowplay Settings
Overlay gives you access to several settings if you want to change any of the settings in Shadowplay before you start recording or streaming. Here’s how you can access them:
- First, either open the GeForce Experience app and select the green triangle icon, or if you’re playing in-game press Alt + Z to open the overlay.
- From the overlay, look to the right and select the gear icon to access Adjustment.
- In this window you can choose from several settings to change. Some you might want to see include:
- HUD Layout: Change how your streaming HUD appears
- keyboard shortcuts: Allows you to change the keys used for certain actions
- Recording: Change where your recordings are saved
There are some other good setting options here, so it’s worth making your recording or streaming experience exactly what you want.
How NVIDIA ShadowPlay Affects Gameplay
According to NVIDIA’s website, by using the app your gameplay performance. Typically, this is a difference of only 5%, although it can be up to 10% if the game is particularly demanding on your computer.
Also, the difference probably won’t be noticeable unless you’re playing a game where high performance rates are important. If you have a powerful enough PC, the change probably won’t affect any more than any other program running in the background.
Using NVIDIA Shadowplay
If you have a PC with an NVIDIA graphics card, the GeForce Experience app is a great resource for your recording and streaming needs. If you follow this guide, you will be able to get some quality recording or streaming on your favorite platform in no time.