How to Switch Between Keyboard Languages on All Your Devices:
Many popular platforms have multiple language keyboards on your device. This guide provides steps to switch between keyboard languages on different languages such as Windows, MacOS, Chrome OS, iOS and Android as they provide unique options for switching between all keyboard languages.
pay attention: The following instructions will only work if you have multiple keyboard languages on your devices. See our previous article on how to add Another language and keyboard for Windows 10, for example.
Switch between keyboard languages on windows 10
Windows 10 provides several ways to change the current keyboard language. You can either use the taskbar option or use keyboard shortcuts to switch keyboard language.
Windows 10 taskbar The current keyboard displays the language and you can click on this option to change the language. If you install more than one language on Windows 10, you will only see the language option in the taskbar.
- Select the current language name in your taskbar. If you use English, the taskbar option should say England.
- Windows shows keyboard languages installed on your PC.
- Select the keyboard language you want to use in the list.
- Open any text editor and you can start writing in the newly selected language.
Use keyboard shortcuts (displays language list)
Windows 10 has a keyboard shortcut Which displays your keyboard languages and lets you choose one of them.
- Open a text editor or any program where you can type, for example, Word.
- Press and hold The windows Key and then press Space bar.
- A small menu with a list of keyboard languages appears on your screen. Squeeze Space bar To select a language in this list.
- Let both go The windows And Space bar The key is when you have selected a language.
- Now you can type in your selected language.
Use keyboard shortcuts (do not display the language list)
Windows 10 has another keyboard shortcut that changes the keyboard language but without showing the list of languages. This shortcut replaces the languages that appear in the list.
- On your Windows keyboard, press Alt + slip away To the left of the keyboard.
- Windows quickly changes your current keyboard language. This is reflected in the taskbar, and now you see the new language option in the taskbar.
- Press Alt + slip away Again to switch to the next language in the list.
Switch between keyboard language on MacOS
Like Windows 10, MacOS provides several ways to switch between keyboard languages. Also, in Windows, most of these options will not be visible until you install another language (input source) on macOS.
You can go to system Preferences > The keyboard > Input source And click on the + icon.
Now choose your language, select the type of keyboard and choose to link.
Use MacOS menu bar
The easiest way to switch between keyboard languages on MacOS is to use the language icon Menu bar. The bar at the top of your Mac screen has an icon that helps change the current keyboard language.
If you don’t see this language icon in your Mac’s menu bar, select the Apple logo in the upper-left corner of your screen system Preferences > The keyboard > Input source, And enable Show input menu in menu bar the option.
Then, follow these steps:
- Place your cursor at the top of your screen so that the menu bar is visible.
- Select the icon for the input source in the menu bar.
- Choose the keyboard language you want and start typing in it.
Use keyboard shortcuts
macOS has a keyboard shortcut Toggle between available keyboard languages. You can use this shortcut to jump to the next or previous language in the list.
- To switch to the next keyboard language in the list, press the option + Control + Space bar.
- To go to the previous keyboard language press Control + Space bar.
- The input source menu icon on the Mac’s menu bar will change according to the language selection made using the keyboard shortcut.
Use fn key shortcut
You can use a single key to change your keyboard language. macOS lets you use the Fn key To cycle through the language list on your keyboard.
To install it:
- Select and choose the Apple logo on the top-left of your screen system Preferences.
- Choose The keyboard In System Preferences.
- Choose the first tab that says The keyboard.
- In the dropdown menu for Press the Fn key for, Choose Change input source the option.
- Now press Fn Key every time you want to switch to a different keyboard language.
Switch between keyboard languages on Chrome OS (Chromebook)
Chrome OS follows a Windows-like approach to help users switch between keyboard languages. You first add the option for languages to the Chrome OS shelf, and then use that option to change the language.
You can also use keyboard shortcuts to change the keyboard language on a Chromebook.
Use the graphical option
First, follow the steps listed below to enable the input source option on the shelf of your Chromebook.
- Select the time after your Chromebook Adjustment.
- Choose Advanced On the left, and then select language and input From the expanded menu.
- Choose Input From language and input.
- Enable Show input options on the shelf the option.
- The Chromebook adds the current keyboard language code to the shelf.
- Click on this newly added language code and now you can select a new language for your keyboard.
Use keyboard shortcuts
The Chromebook keyboard provides two keyboard shortcuts for switching between languages.
- To switch to the next keyboard language, press slip away + Ctrl + Space.
- To return to the previous keyboard language you were using, press Ctrl + Space.
Switch between keyboard languages on iOS (iPhone / iPad)
The iPhone and iPad have the option of changing languages on the keyboard itself.
- Open an app where you can type so that the iOS keyboard appears, for example, the Notes app or iMessage.
- On your on-screen keyboard, tap and hold the globe icon at the bottom.
- If you don’t see the globe icon on your keyboard, tap and hold the emoji icon instead. It performs the same function.
- Now you see a list of installed keyboard languages. Tap on the language you want to switch. If you don’t see the language you want, tap Keyboard settings From the popup menu and then tap The keyboard To add a new keyboard to iOS.
If you have installed a keyboard app like Gboard on your iOS device, you will also see an option to customize its settings.
- Now your keyboard will use the selected language. You can cycle between the available keyboard languages by pressing the globe icon.
Switch between keyboard languages on Android
Most android phones Use Google’s Gboard As the default keyboard app. If you use this app there are two ways to switch between keyboard languages.
Follow the steps below to switch between available keyboard languages.
- Open an app where you can type, for example, the default Notes app on your phone.
- When the keyboard appears, tap and hold Space bar. When the Change Keyboard menu of the Gboard opens, select the language you want to switch from this menu.
- Now you can type in your newly selected language.
Use globe icon
Gboard provides you with the globe icon to switch between keyboard languages. You will not see this option directly because it needs to be enabled first.
- Open up Adjustment Apps on your Android phone.
- Scroll all the way down and tap system > language and input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard And then select Gord.
- Choose like In the Gboard setting.
- Turn on Show language switch key the option.
- Open an app where you can type.
- On the on-screen keyboard, tap on the globe icon to switch to the next language in the list.
- Tap and hold on the globe icon to see the list of available languages.
With most devices supporting multiple keyboard languages, you are never limited to just one language to type. The above methods help you Switch to whatever language If you want to use it with your keyboard. you can do it Reset keyboard settings Go back to the default settings by following the article above.