How to Set Different Wallpaper on Each Monitor in Windows 10:
You can set different wallpapers on each monitor using the Settings app or a third party solution.
Set different wallpaper on each monitor via Settings
The Settings app in Windows 10 allows you to configure and customize the operating system. If you want a different wallpaper on each monitor, the Settings app method is a good option.
- Choose start > Adjustment.
- Choose personalization.
- Choose background.
- You can either choose a wallpaper from the images provided by the system or use your own from your device. right-click a background image Below choose your photo section.
- Next, choose set to monitor 1 and then select a different image and choose Monitor 2. set for and any other monitor.
pay attention:monitor 1 represents the primary monitor. If you want a particular wallpaper for your primary display, select set to monitor 1 the option.
- Choose browse To add additional images to the list and then select your favorite wallpaper.
- In choose a fit From the drop-down menu, you can customize how the wallpapers are displayed on the monitor. That way, you don’t have to go back to select images with the same resolution for your monitor.
The drop-down menu lists six different ways you can fit your wallpaper.
- fit and fill Options enlarge or shrink the image vertically or horizontally.
- Center The Fit option centers your wallpaper on the screen.
- stretch Fit expands it to fill the screen.
- Choose tile When you want to display wallpaper image in multiple tiles on screen
- Choose span If you have a. have a captivating image with big resolution And want to display it on all your screens.
Windows will set your wallpaper as the default image on all desktops.
How to set different wallpaper on each monitor via File Explorer
Setting different wallpapers on each monitor through File Explorer isn’t as intuitive as using the Settings app, but it comes in handy when Settings dialog won’t open in Windows 10.
If the images you choose are not the exact resolution of your monitors, they may not work properly, or they will randomly rotate position.
- Open file Explorer, go to the folder containing the images you want to add as wallpaper on each monitor and select Images.
- Right-click on the image you want to use on the primary monitor and select set as desktop background.
Windows will set the images as the wallpaper on your primary monitor, but it will also place the other two wallpapers you selected on the secondary and third monitors.
- To get per-monitor controls for wallpapers, deselect Images in File Explorer and then select an image.
- Right-click and select the monitor you want to assign the wallpaper to.
How to set different wallpapers on each monitor using third-party solutions
If you want to use different wallpapers on each of your screens, you can use the following third-party tools Instead of the standard wallpaper options in Windows 10.
- dual monitoring device There is a standalone open-source tool that you can use to manage dual monitors. You can have one image that is spread across your screen, or you can have separate images for each monitor. When your primary monitor is not the topmost or leftmost screen, Dual Monitor Tools correctly sets up images for proper display.
- displayfusion is another free multi-monitor software that brings a range of settings to your screen including variable wallpaper and multi-monitor taskbar along with easy window management.
- john’s background switcher Lets you set different wallpaper on your monitor. You can tell the software where to get the images and how to display them at a time interval of your choosing.
Add Some Flair to Your Dual Monitor Setup
If you’re looking to add more wallpaper ideas to your dual or multiple monitor display setup, check out our top picks for the best animated wallpaper, beauty wallpaper, or Make your own paper for desktop or smartphone. our guide How to use video as your wallpaper on Windows 10 It also provides a few ways to use a video instead of a still image as your wallpaper.