How to Install and Setup Kali Linux:
Whether you are interested in a career in cyberspace, or simply want to know more about Linux and computers, Kali is the one Good linux distribution to use. It’s free, comes from a reputable cyber security company, Aggressive protection, And is pre-loaded with most safety research tools a person needs. Let’s learn how and how to install Linux using Linux.
Kali installs on ARM devices such as Linux raspberry Pi, Like virtual machine hosts VMware And Virtualbox, Or directly on hardware such as a laptop or PC. The installation is almost identical to VMWare, VirtualBox, Raspberry Pi, or Kali Linux as the main operating system of your laptop or desktop computer.
Installing Kali Linux on a Laptop or Desktop Computer
One ISO A file is a copy of the data that you will find on an installation DVD, including the file system. So, if you have a disk to install Kali Linux and have created a copy that you can use to install it, that copy will be an ISO file.
There are some ways that you can install Kali from an ISO. You can make one Bootable USB drive Or DVD and then install it on hardware such as a laptop or PC. Use our article How to Create, Mount, and Burn ISO Image Files for Free To help. Or you can use it to create a virtual machine (VM).
- Go aggressive protection Black linux download Page and select the right download for you. We will use the Kali Linux 64-bit installer. You can download direct or use them Gush Link.
Use ISO to create a bootable USB drive or DVD or use it as an install disk for VMs.
- Start the device on which you are installing Kali Linux. If you have created a bootable USB or DVD, make sure that is inserted first. In a few moments, the Kali Linux installer appears. For the first timer, select Graphical installation.
What a failure error message looks like. Let it continue.
- Then select a language Keep going.
- Choose your location. If the time zone you want to use is not in that location, do not select it. It is common for people in Canada to use just the US. If they do so, they will miss certain time zones, like the Atlantic (UTC-4). Choose Keep going.
- Select the keymap to use with the keyboard, there are many to choose from.
Choose Keep going And it will detect and mount the ISO. Once it is found, it will perform some automated processes.
- To keep a black Linux machine on the network, Set hostname.
- Now set the users and password. These are not for administrative users, but for general users.
- create a Secure password.
- Choose your time zone.
- Now Linux Kali installation will take you through Disk partition. If you are using the tool only for Kali, choose Directed – Use Full Disc.
- The disk can be partitioned, but a basic install does not require it.
- Choose the partition type. For new users, select All files in a partition.
- Since this partition is not being done, select Finish partition And write changes to disk.
- It will ask if you are sure. Choose Yes And Keep going.
Linux Kali will now be installed.
- Now you can choose which devices to install. If you are not sure, go with the lapse. This will give you an excellent selection of tools for learning.
Tools will be installed.
- Now Kali will ask whether to install Linux GRUB boot loader or not. Yes Is the default.
It will ask on which device to install GRUB. There is only one, so select it.
- Once the installation is complete, be sure to eject the USB drive or DVD. Choose Keep going To eliminate it.
The installation will begin. Yes, the word in install is weird.
Scroll can be done by some white text on a black background. just wait.
Kali Linux will boot and will give the option to boot Kali GNU / Linux or Kali advanced options for GNU / Linux. The first is the default and will select Auto if you choose not to.
- Login to Kali Linux and enjoy.
Installing Kali Linux as a Virtual Machine
A custom VM image is the fastest way to create a Kali Linux virtual machine. Aggressive security provides diagrams to use on VirtualBox or VMWare. We will use VirtualBox for this installation and we will assume that you have VirtualBox is already installed.
prepare by Black linux image download From an aggressive security site. Note that all images have a username Time and password Time Is already set. Change it the first time you log in.
- In the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager, select Import.
- The source Defaults to Local file system. Leave it as it is. Select the yellow folder icon to navigate to the downloaded image. Then select next.
- Default device settings Will work, hardly. Increase RAM and CPU if you can. Choose Import.
- after you read Software License Agreement, Choose Agree with To continue.
Import will begin. It can be finished within 10 minutes.
- Once the import is finished, you will see Kali Linux installed listed in the virtual box. Select it and then choose Start.
- This will give you the option to boot briefly Kali Gunnu / Linux or Kali Gunnu / Advanced Options for Linux. This will default to the first option.
Login to your new Kali Linux VM using the username Time and password Time. Remember to replace them immediately.
What can you do with Kali Linux?
Kali is essentially simple Linux with a bunch of security tools already installed and ready to go. You can also Add more tools to Kali Simplicity. Some are free and fully featured, while some require a paid upgrade to achieve all functions. Everyone has their own place in security research. In the Applications menu, notice how devices are grouped by function.
In addition, there is notice that there is a link to aggressive safety training. These are devices, not toys and will require serious study. Let’s look at some of the most popular tools in Kali Linux.
If you want to work in IT, then learn to use Wireshark. It is the most well-known network analyst. Use diacritics It is nice to see what is happening on the network, and to re-start Wireshark.
You can capture the packet to analyze the contents and find out where the network functions and the data traveling on it, such as usernames and passwords. Wireshark has built-in documentation and the Wireshark community is large and supportive.
As the name suggests, Aircrack-NG can gather Wi-Fi data that is flying around and helps transmit security keys. This helps you get into the network without being built in the building.
It is not a single tool, but a framework or platform to help you find and validate vulnerabilities. It can search devices, collect evidence, gain access and take control of systems. The free version is great for most pen-testing beginners, but you want to upgrade when you go to Pro. Pen testers rely heavily on Metasploit.
This tool has been around for a long time, and for good reason. It is a tool for testing web application security. If you develop a web app, learn Burp Suite and use it to ensure that your final project is watertight.
Password cracking is what most of us find in things like Linux Linux. You can use John Ripper to test passwords that people have and know to make them better passwords.
It can also be used Forgot password for things like Excel. It does this by decrypting the hashed password stored by your system. You can see how this is valuable to computer forensics and security professionals.
What will you do with Kali Linux?
Whether it’s to gain access to your network, penetration testing, white-hat hacking, computer forensics, or becoming a security professional, Kali Linux is the ultimate multi-tool. The price is right, and you can get up and running in minutes. What will you do with Kali Linux?