How to Fix Lag Issues in Discord:
The Discord app for Windows is well optimized and runs brilliantly even when you apply it during resource-intensive video games. However, various reasons—such as network-related issues, an obsolete app cache, and conflicting settings—can cause it to lag.
If you keep encountering serious lag issues in Discord’s text, voice or video chat, or when interacting with the app in general, the following list of troubleshooting tips will help you fix Discord lag.
Check discord system status
Discord relies on several server-side systems to function effectively. So whenever Discord starts lagging, it’s best to move on DiscordStatus.com and check the status of the system.
If you see a problem, you should wait until each system restarts completely. However, if everything looks fine, proceed with the rest of the fixes.
Refresh or quit and reopen discord
to suppress Control + r Discord refreshes the user interface and helps resolve issues caused by minor bugs and glitches. give it a go.
If that doesn’t help fix the Discord lag, try quitting and relaunching Discord. To do this, right-click discord icon within the system tray and select quit bickering. Then, open Discord through the desktop or Start menu.
Running an older version of Discord is another cause of lag problems, so it’s a good idea to apply any pending updates right away. You can request the application to check for and install the latest updates by right-clicking on discord Icons and selections within the system tray check for updates.
Troubleshoot Your Internet Connection
Controversy is also left behind when something goes wrong with your internet connection. If you face spotty online connectivity even during normal surfing on your web browser, try the following fixes:
Enable (or disable) hardware acceleration
By default, Discord relies on hardware acceleration (which uses the GPU) to improve performance. However, if you have disabled the functionality within the app, it can cause serious Discord lag issues. Enabling it again should help fix it.
Conversely, disabling hardware acceleration may resolve lag on PCs with older graphics hardware.
1. Select the size of the cog user settings icon at the bottom-left of the Discord app. then, switch advanced side tab.
2. Use the switch next to hardware acceleration To enable or disable the functionality.
3. Select Okay to apply the changes.
activate low speed
Reducing the intensity of animations and hover effects, and preventing GIFs and emoji from playing automatically, can help reduce lag in Discord.
1. Open Discord user settings panel
2. Switch easy use side tab.
3. Activate the switch next to enable low speed. Then, turn off the forward switches Automatically play GIF when Discord is focused and play animated emoji.
Update (or Roll Back) Graphics Card Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers are a common reason behind serious lag problems in Discord. Updating them will not only help solve this, but will also help new drivers boosting performance in video games.
However, if Discord’s lag problems started right after you updated your graphics drivers, you should roll them back through Device Manager.
1. Press windows + x To open the Power User menu.
2. Select device Manager.
3. Expand display adapters Class.
4. Right-click on your display adapter and select a quality.
5. Under Driver pick up the tab roll back Driver.
Reset Discord Voice and Video Settings
Incorrectly configured (or conflicting) voice and video settings in Discord can cause the app to lag. Try resetting them to their defaults.
1. Open Discord user settings pane and switch voice and video side tab.
2. Scroll all the way down and select reset voice settings.
3. Select Okay to confirm.
clear discord cache
Clearing Discord’s cache helps flush out unnecessary data and usually fixes most problems with the app. But to do so, you have to manually locate the folder that contains the cached files using File Explorer.
1. Exit Discord via the system tray.
2. Press windows + r To open the run box. then, type %app data% choose more Okay.
3. Select the labeled folder discord and press delete.
Follow this up by restarting Discord. You will then need to sign back in with your Discord user credentials and reconfigure your preferences.
Deleting and reinstalling the Discord app can fix lag problems caused by a corrupt or broken installation. This process is pretty straightforward, and should be done in just a few minutes.
1. Quit the Discord app completely.
2. Go to start > Adjustment > Apps > Apps & Features.
3. Select discord > uninstall.
4. Restart your computer.
Fixed the discord lag issue
Refreshing Discord, quitting and relaunching the app, and turning hardware acceleration on and off alone can deal with most lag issues in Discord. If not, the other solutions mentioned above should help get Discord up and running normally again.