How to Find and Change the Steam Screenshot Folder:
When an incredible moment occurs in a game, the easiest way to preserve it is to take a screenshot and share it with your friends (if you Aren’t Streaming, Anyway) Taking a screenshot is easy, but if you use Steam’s built-in tools, you may have difficulty locating where the shot is saved.
You can find and change the location of Steam’s Screenshots folder to any folder you want and make it easier to access.
How to Find Steam Screenshots Folder
just click F12 in a game take a screenshot. Steam delivers automatically Screenshots in a specified folder. You will hear a soft clicking sound, almost like the shutter of a camera. A message will appear in the lower right corner of the screen letting you know that a screenshot has been saved.
To see this screenshot:
- launch Steam
- Choose opinion > screenshot.
- Screenshot Uploader will appear and show you all the screenshots you have taken.
- At this point you are given three options: select all, show on disk, or View the online library.
- Choose show on disk. A new window appears showing you where Steam stores the screenshots on your system.
pay attention: The screenshots will be in an obscure subfolder of Steam like the following:
C:Program Files (x86)Steamuserdata26910921760remote718650 Screenshots
While the file path includes random numbers, it can be broken down into:
C:Program Files (x86}Steamuserdatasteam ID760remoteAppIDscreenshot
- The link becomes much less daunting once you understand that the numbers are your personal Steam ID and game ID.
- Navigate through seven different folders to access the Screenshots folder if you want to access it from a file browser.
How to navigate individual game folders
If you took screenshots of more than one game, there will be separate screenshot folders for each game.
In the example below, once you navigate to C:Program Files (x86}Steamuserdata
Each of these folders is then further divided into Images and thumbnail images.
This can make it difficult to navigate and find the exact file you are looking for. Thankfully, if you access screenshots through Steam, you can choose whether to:
- You want to see the last session (the last time you played the game).
- See all the screenshots you took for that specific title.
Sure, you’re on Windows. You can search the Steam Screenshots folder with built-in search function, but it’s far faster to open Steam and access the folder through the Steam app.
How to Change Steam Screenshots Folder
Thankfully, changing the location of the Steam Screenshots folder is easier than navigating to it.
pay attention: you not changing of folder place-You are changing location where screenshots are saved.
- open steam
- Choose opinion > Adjustment > In play
pay attention: You can also change the screenshot shortcut key from this screen.
- Choose Screenshots folder. This opens a file browser where you can choose any folder in your system. In the picture below, we chose to save the screenshot
“my pictures“- A very easy folder to find.
- Click Choose at the bottom of the screen to confirm your choice. This will take you back to the Settings menu.
- There are three possible options below the text when a screenshot is taken. Make sure that save an uncompressed copy is checked.
pay attention: steam will always save Compressed copies of screenshots In the Steam Screenshots folder, no matter where you assign the images to go. If you want to save the images elsewhere, you can of course Choose to save an uncompressed copy.
- Choose Okay.
The next time you take a screenshot, it will appear in the folder you selected. This makes it very easy to access your screenshots and share them with friends.