How to Delete Apps on Chromebook:
There are several reasons why you want to remove applications from your Chromebook. This may happen Free up storage space, Clutter up the device, or just to get rid of apps you no longer use.
There are many ways Install apps on a Chromebook, There are many ways to remove them. In this guide, we’ll list 6 technologies that highlight how to remove apps on a Chromebook.
1. off the shelf
If the app you want to remove is pinned to the shelf of your Chromebook, right-click or long-press on the app, and select Uninstall From the context menu.
2. From App Launcher
The launcher contains all the applications installed on your Chromebook. You can open, organize and delete Chromebook apps from the launcher. Like this:
1. Click Search button (On keyboard) or Launcher icon (Circle icon) in the lower-left corner of the screen.
2. Click Up arrow On partial launcher to open full app launcher.
quick Tip: Press slip away + search On your keyboard to quickly open the full launcher.
3. Right-click on the app you want to remove and select Uninstall. If your Chromebook is touchscreen-enabled, tap and hold the app, and select Uninstall (or Remove from chrome)
4. Click Uninstall At the confirmation prompt to delete the app.
Pro tip: A faster way to uninstall an app from the launcher search Button, type the name of the app you want to delete, right-click on the app or long-press, and select Uninstall (or Remove from chrome)
3. From the Settings menu
This is another easy way to remove applications from Chrome OS devices.
- Go for Adjustment > Apps Choose more Manage your apps.
- Select the app you want to remove or use the search bar to locate the app.
- Press Uninstall Button to remove the app from your device.
4. From the Play Store
The Google Play Store is another way to remove apps from your Chromebook. Follow the steps below to remove Chromebook apps from the Play Store.
1. Launch Play Store and tap profile picture Embedded in the search bar.
2. Choose My Apps and Games.
3. in Established On the tab, you’ll find applications installed on your Chromebook in the “On this device” section. Tap the app you want to delete and select Uninstall.
4. Choose Uninstall At the confirmation prompt to delete the app.
5. From Android Preferences menu
An Android preference menu is embedded in the Chrome OS settings menu. This is a clone of the menu settings interface that you will find on Android smartphones and tablets. Here’s how to delete apps on a Chromebook from the Android Preferences menu:
1. Launch Chrome OS Adjustment And go Apps > Google play store Choose more Manage Android Preferences. This will launch the smartphone version / interface of the Android Settings menu.
2. Choose Apps and notifications.
3. Choose See all apps.
4. Select the app you want to delete.
5. Select Uninstall Button.
6. Choose Okay To remove an app from your Chromebook.
6. Remove Linux Apps from Chromebook
Linux-based Chromebook Apps Are quite different from their Android-based counterparts. You cannot remove Linux apps from the Settings menu, Android preferences menu, or the Google Play Store.
- Instead, open Chrome OS Launcher (press slip away + search) And tap Linux apps Folder.
- Right-click on the app you want to remove and select Uninstall.
- Linux apps from a Chromebook. Can also be removed via Terminal app.
- Open the Chrome OS Launcher.
- Open up Linux apps Folder, and choose The terminal.
- Type sudo apt-get remove In the terminal window, leave a space, type the name of the app you want to delete, and press Enter.
- To remove the Linux version of Firefox, for example, type sudo apt-firefox-esr. Remove to And press Enter.
- The terminal will display how much free space is left on your Chromebook by deleting the app. Press U Press more on your keyboard Enter.
How to remove an extension from a Chromebook
If you do not get the option to uninstall an app in the Settings menu, Play Store Library or Android Preferences menu, it means that the app cannot be removed. It is also possible that the app is a Chrome web store extension.
To remove an extension on a Chromebook, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Chrome web browser and choose the three-dot menu icon in the top right.
- Choose More equipment, And choose Extension.
- Find the extension you want to delete, and tap remove.
- Tap on remove Button on the pop-up to remove the extension from your Chromebook.
- Another way is to remove the extension. Click on Extension icon Next to the address bar, tap on the three-dot icon next to the extension and select Remove from chrome.
Can’t remove apps from your Chromebook? Try these tricks
Removing apps from a Chromebook is simple and straightforward. However, if you are having trouble removing an app, restart your device and try again. Press your Chromebook Power Button and To refresh Button to restart quickly.
If you still can’t delete the app, update your Chromebook to the latest Chrome OS version and try again. Go for Adjustment > About chrome os Choose more check for updates To update your Chromebook.
Things to note
Although you have the freedom to delete as many apps as you want, you cannot uninstall built-in apps like Chrome, Files, Web Store, etc. It is also worth noting that deleting the app from your Chromebook will delete all data associated with the app.