How to Convert an Image to Word:
Knowing how to convert text in an image into an editable document in Microsoft Word can be a real time saver. We’ll show you a few different ways to do this step by step.
Imagine that you want to convert a picture of an informational brochure into Word so that you can edit the text. Or maybe you just want to convert an image (ie, scanned) PDF in an editable Word document. In any case, there are a few ways you can convert an image into text that you can edit in Word.
You’ll find these methods easier than typing out all the text yourself! For each technique, we’ll assume you’re starting out with a JPG file. Photo Something with text on it.
how to convert image to word
For this method of converting an image to a Word document, the only software you’ll need is Microsoft Word.
pay attention: If you’re starting with a scanned or image-only PDF, open Word and skip to Step 7.
- Open a new Word document.
- Select and place the image file in a Word document insert > pictures.
- Navigate to the folder containing your image file, select the file, and select insert Button.
- You now have a Word document containing an image.
- Choose File > Save As and navigate to the folder where you want to save the document.
- in the Save As dialog box next to save as Type, choose PDF Select More from the dropdown list save Button.
- Next, go here file > Open or press Ctrl + heyFind the PDF file you just saved, select it, and press Open Button.
- This is where the magic happens. You’ll see a message notifying you that Word will now convert your PDF to an editable Word document. Word warns you that the result may not look exactly like the PDF, especially if the PDF contains many images. Choose Okay Button.
- Tada! Now you can move freely about your document. The text in the image is converted to editable text, and the graphics are inserted as images.
It was so easy, wasn’t it? you can also use google docs To convert images into editable documents. read on.
How to Convert an Image to Word Using Google Docs: The Easy Way
Whether you’re starting with an image file or an image-only PDF, there’s an easy way to convert your file into an editable Google Document. This method will work for JPG, PNG, GIF, or PDF files that are 2MB or less and are already oriented in the right direction. use one image editing app To rotate it when needed.
- In a browser, go to drive.google.com.
- Select and upload the image file to your Google Drive New > file upload.
- Navigate to the file and select Open Button.
- You should now see the file listed on the Google Drive page. Right-click the image file (or Control+click for Mac users) and select open with > google docs.
- A new Google Document will open containing the image and editable text. Bonus!
this much only! It can hardly be easy.
How to Convert an Image to Word Using Google Docs: The Long Way
This method is similar to the first method, but instead of using Word, we will use Google Docs.
- In Google Docs, create a new blank document.
- Select and place the image file in the document insert > image and navigating to the image you want to convert.
- You now have a Google Document containing the image.
- Next, we will download the document as a PDF. Choose file > download > pdf document. The file will be downloaded automatically.
- Choose File > Open And navigate to the PDF you just downloaded. Choose Open Button.
- The PDF will open in a new browser tab. If you have a PDF add-on like Lumen in Google Drive installed, you may need to select open with And choose Google Docs.
- As you can see below, the PDF you open with Google Docs is editable. It looks a bit funky compared to the first method, but once you’ve formatted the text, it’ll do the trick.
- Finally, to save your Google Document as a Microsoft Word document, choose file > download > Microsoft Word (.docx), and the document will be automatically downloaded as a Word document.
Now you know how to convert an image into an easily editable Word or Google document. In the unlikely event that you run into trouble, you can always turn to third-party services to convert your image file into an editable Word document.
How to Convert Images to Word with Third-Party Apps
Image-to-word converters are a dime a dime. We’ve tried the following web apps for converting an image file into an editable Word document and found them all to work well.
With Online2PDF.com, you can convert an image file into many different formats, including two Microsoft Word document types: .doc and .docx. Choose Yes For optional character recognition.
Note that the maximum file size is 100MB. While you can select up to twenty files, all of those files together should not exceed 150 MB.
On Image2Go.com, drag and drop your image file onto the page. then, under target format, select the format you want to convert. Options include .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, and more.
Select the option to Convert with OCR. Review the other options on the page, make any changes you want, and select start Button. When it is ready, your converted file will be downloaded automatically.
Drag and drop your image file onto this page, crop the image if you wish, and select pour Button.
The BrandFolder Text Extractor tool will extract text from the image, displaying it on the page so that you can copy and paste it into a Microsoft Word document.