How to Change Your Name or Username on Facebook:
when you Create a facebook account, Your profile or page is automatically assigned User name, Which is basically your name and a set of numbers. It is relatively hidden: it only appears in the URL of your Facebook profile that you can send to people so that they can find you on Facebook.
However your Facebook Username Different from myself Facebook name. Your Facebook name is what other users see on your profile or when they Communicate with you on Messenger.
You can change your name and username in a few quick steps.
How to change your name on facebook
Your Facebook name makes it easy for others to know who they are connecting with. If you want to change your name, follow these steps.
- review Facebook name standard To determine whether your name change request will be approved.
- Select the drop-down arrow next to the notification bell.
- Choose Settings and Privacy At the top right of your computer screen.
- Choose Adjustment.
- Choose Name.
- Type your name and then choose Review change.
- type your Password Choose more save Changes.
pay attention: You can only change your Facebook name every 60 days.
Rename facebook on your phone
You can also change your Facebook name through the Facebook app on your phone.
- Open the Facebook app and tap Menu.
- Scroll down and tap Settings and Privacy.
- Tap Adjustment.
- Tap personal information.
- Tap Name.
- Type the new name you want to use and tap review change.
- Enter your password and tap save Changes.
- If you want to add a Surname, Tap Other names, Enter nickname and then tap Save.
Rename facebook page
If you have a Facebook page and you want to change its name from the current page, you are allowed to request a change provided that you are the page administrator. Changing the page name does not affect its username, but the name you choose should accurately reflect the page.
The page’s name is Facebook’s. Should meet Page name standard.
pay attention: If the page is not an official page for an organization, brand, public person, or place, you cannot use the word “official”.
- Go to the home page of your Facebook page and select and About On the drop-down arrow. About The page may be next to the link House or Groups The tab
- Choose Edit page information under which Mango.
- Please enter a new one page name And then exit through the window.
- In a new window, select Request change.
- If there is not an option to edit the page name, check if you have any page roles that allow you to change the name. The page role lets you add others with specific permissions and access so that they can help you manage your page. Such roles include administrator, editor, moderator, advertiser or analyst. When you create a page on Facebook, you automatically become its administrator, giving you the right to change the appearance of the page and other aspects of the page. Administrators also have the facility to assign roles to others and change their roles where necessary.
- If you or another administrator has recently renamed the page, or the page has Limitations Put it on
- The Facebook team will review your page name change request, which can take up to three days, and they may contact you for additional information before approving or rejecting your request.
- If the name change is approved, you will not be able to rename or unpublish the page for seven days. During this 7-day period, your page followers may be notified of the name change.
How to change your facebook username
You can change your Facebook username, but be careful because Facebook allows you to use each unique username Only once.
In addition, the username you choose cannot contain extensions or common words such as .com or .org. Username can only contain alphanumeric characters and periods, must be at least five characters long and must be followed Facebook word.
- Open Facebook on your computer and select and select the drop-down arrow at the top right of your Facebook home page and Settings and Privacy.
- Next, choose Adjustment.
- Choose User name.
- Type in your new username and password, and then choose save Changes.
pay attention: You cannot change your Facebook username through the Facebook mobile app.
How to change your facebook page username
If you have a Facebook page and you want to change its username, you can do that but you need to be the page admin, and the page should be found Facebook page username standard.
pay attention: Sometimes you want a particular username but it is not available. This may be because the name has already been taken by an unpublished page.
- Open facebook page and choose Create page @username or Edit Below Mango And User name Section.
- Enter your new username you want and then choose create username.
Can’t change your name on Facebook? What to do here
There are several reasons why you cannot change your name on Facebook, including:
- You have tried to change the name repeatedly and the limit of 60 days within which you can change your name has not expired yet.
- Your ID does not meet the standards listed in Facebook’s standards Id list.
- The name you have chosen is not in line with Facebook’s name policy.
- You were previously asked to confirm your name on Facebook.
If you meet all these requirements and still cannot change your Facebook name, Fill the form To request a rename and confirm your name.
Get a new facebook name or username
If you are unhappy with your Facebook name or username for any reason and you want to change it, then the steps in this guide will help you do so. You can also have the same name or username on other platforms like Skype, Snapchat, Twitter or Spotify for consistency.