Avast Won’t Open on Windows? 6 Ways to Fix:
Avast Antivirus has been around for a while and is one of them Best Antivirus Alternatives for Mac And Windows PC are similar ones that you can download for free. While its protection against online threats works well, it has its flaws.
sometimes avast user interface fails to load, or the program just won’t open. The reasons why Avast does not open can be the following:
- Incompatibility issues that can lead to BSOD errors
- Driver conflicts with other apps
- A Broken Avast Installation That May Be Corrupted
- service stops running properly
What to do when Avast won’t open on Windows 10
If you are using a Windows 10 PC, you have Windows Defender by default, but Avast offers the following:
- Advanced antivirus protection against viruses or malware
- Additional security features including browser cleanup, Behavior Shield, and remote assistance
Below are some fixes you can use when Avast won’t open in Windows 10.
Update Avast and Your PC’s Operating System
Before trying the other solutions in this guide, check if the Avast application and your computer’s operating system are up to date.
To check whether you are running the latest version of Avast Antivirus, follow these steps:
- right-click location app icon and select Update > program.
- Choose check for updates And wait until the program has checked and installed updates.
- saying a status message your application is up to date Pops up after the update is complete.
- restart your computer to complete the update.
be sure to update windows For the latest OS version, but if Avast still won’t open, try the solutions below.
Check Avast Installation
If installed properly, the Avast app will appear in the list of apps and features on Windows. If it’s not opening, you may need to verify that the app is properly installed, activated, and up to date.
- right click start > Apps & Features.
- If Avast does not appear in the list of apps and features, then it is not installed properly on your PC, and you must Download and Restore this.
Check Your Avast Membership Status
Avast Free Antivirus activates automatically after installation, but you may be asked to reactivate it after 12 months.
- Right-click on the Avast icon in the Windows taskbar area and select Registration Information.
- Choose upgrade Now On My Subscriptions screen.
- In Avast Free Antivirus column, click Choose.
- Choose x Icon to go back to new screen My Subscriptions screen. This activates Avast Free Antivirus for another 12 months.
Restart Avast Antivirus Service
When Avast does not open, the Avast Antivirus service may be preventing the program from starting properly. You can restart the service and check if that fixes the problem.
- right click start > Daud.
- Type services.msc In the Run dialog box, press recorded.
- search avast antivirus In the Services window, right-click the service, and select a quality.
- check Service Event to see if it says started choose more stop to stop it from running.
- OK startup type options to self drive and confirm the dialog box that appears.
- Choose start To reactivate the Avast service.
you can use avast setup wizard To repair your Avast installation when Avast does not open or is not working properly.
Repairing Avast will fix or replace program files that may be missing, out of date or corrupted, and reset the software configuration.
pay attention: Avast Repair can preserve some customized settings and revert other settings to defaults.
- Close any apps or antivirus programs running on your PC and then right-click start > Apps & Features.
- Select your version of Avast from the left pane Apps & Features select screen uninstall choose more uninstall To confirm again.
- Choose repair or reinstall In the Avast Setup Wizard.
- Choose Yes to confirm the repair. After the process is complete, select done or choose restart computer if indicated.
If the problem persists, use avast uninstall utility To uninstall Avast Antivirus as it completely removes all files associated with Avast from your PC Windows runs in Safe Mode.
- Close any apps or antiviruses running on your PC, and then download avast uninstall utility equipment.
- Right-click on the downloaded avast uninstall utility file and select run as administrator.
- if indicated by avast antivirus clear to communicate restart in safe mode, Choose Yes.
- Select the product version to uninstall and locate Avast Program Files, and then select uninstall.
- After the removal process is over, select restart computer to complete the uninstallation.
- Now, reinstall avast And try to open the program again on your PC.
You can also uninstall Avast from your PC via Windows Start Menu.
- right click start > Apps & Features > avast antivirus > uninstall > uninstall When Avast Antivirus Setup appears.
- Choose Yes To confirm your action.
- Once uninstalled, select restart computer and reinstall avast.
make avast work again
Avast ranks high on almost every list of best antivirus software. Millions of people use Avast antivirus software to block threats because of its user-friendly nature.
We hope this guide has helped you to reinstall Avast Antivirus on your computer. Leave a comment and let us know which solution worked for you.